Knit - Crochet - Sewing - Crafts

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Rambling Thoughts on a Wednesday

Still running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I can't sit and read a book or magazine. I can't get started knitting anything more difficult than a dishcloth. I can't go into the sewing room and get anything done on my quilt top. I have to be at hubby's beck and call to drive him wherever he wants to go to find parts for the RV so it will be ready to go when he decides that he wants to go somewhere. It's an old RV (1979) and parts are difficult to find even when they exist any more. Many of the places don't even want to look for them. Not that it's something that hubby couldn't make for it, but he wants the convenience of going to a shop and picking something up and just putting it where it belongs. Oh well, he'll learn some day -- everything becomes obsolete sooner or later.

I have managed to make a little progress on my crafts work, though. I did manage to get another row of blocks added to the quilt this morning and got a little bit of knitting done on my first mitten of the 6 pairs that I have promised to my charity group by October 1. That's a start at least.

Anybody reading this that would like to know more about the mitten drive, please leave me a message as a comment (with your email addy) and I'll get back to you with info on it. We'd love to see every child at Cheyenne River Reservation have at least one pair of mittens this coming winter, and we'd love to have others helping as well as the group members. You don't have to join anything to contribute mittens. Just drop them in an envelope and put the address and postage on it and send them directly to the reservation.

Ok, that's about it for today. Hope everyone is having decent weather. Those with rain could be nice enough to send some my way, though. SE TX is starting to get pretty dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home