Knit - Crochet - Sewing - Crafts

Friday, June 16, 2006

WE HAVE MITTEN

Finished the first mitten of the first pair for my contribution to my charity group's October offering, and was going to put a picture of it here -- but I can't figure out how to put a picture here yet. BUMMER ! ! !

Used a unique pattern written by one of the group members for a mitten knit sideways, and it came out quite nice. These sideways mittens are really good because they fit several sizes due to the garter stitch and the stretchability of that fabric when it's used. I really need to make some smaller ones, though, as this one that finished (and the mate that's almost finished) are large enough for my big old hands. Oh well, hands come in all sizes, and they all need to be kept warm in the winter. I think what I did was use the pattern for the adult size and I need to go get the pattern for the child size.

Yes, I'll put pictures here as soon as I can figure out how to post them.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home